Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bush's Post-Iraq Visit Press Conference Reinterpreted by WIIIAI

I laughed out loud several times reading Whatever It Is I'm Against It's translation of Bushese. From the link, scroll down to "Bush Press Conference, I Sense Something Different Happening In Iraq."

"You gotta want it: “I appreciated very much the agenda [Maliki]’s laid out. In other words, he’s got a plan to succeed. And I appreciated their determination -- it’s not just his determination, but their cabinet’s determination to succeed. In other words, part of the success in Iraq depends upon the Iraqis and their will and their desire.” And later: “one of the reasons I went to Iraq was to be able to sit down with an Iraqi government to determine whether or not they have the will to succeed... [to] expel any doubt in my mind as to whether or not we have a partner that is going to do the hard work.” That’s why he brought his trusty will-o-meter. To misspell expel any doubt in his mind"

No comments: