Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

An Iraqi Withdrawal from Iraq--Dahr Jamail

After explaining that the so-called plan put forward by "prime minister" maliki is a total sham, Dahr Jamail explains why Iraqis are flocking to leave their hellish homeland:

"The mother of one of those detained by the Interior commandos, 65-year-old Um Abass, was there looking for her son. She told me, "My son Abbas was working with this office for three years. He is in his middle thirties, married with three kids, and he was very satisfied to work here so he could feed his wife and three kids. Only God knows how they are going to live with no supporter now. I won't leave this office unless my son comes back. Our neighbors are looking for him every day. They go to the morgue daily, and whenever they hear a body has been found anywhere. All we have is God to look out for us now. I blame the government for this lack of security. Why do the commandos come with their official cars and kidnap those who are not responsible for any of the violence?"

"She started to cry. She was moaning for her son.

"A manager at the bus terminal, 70 year-old Ahmed Alwan told me there were no vacancies. "You cannot find a seat now, and reservations for them for the next ten days on all our vehicles are impossible," he told me when I asked about buying a ticket. "Come back in a week and then we will give you the prices."

No comments: