Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Devastation--Last of the Iraqis Blog

Portion of the story below; whole thing here:
http://www.uruknet.de/?s1=1&p=44478&s2=31

What can I do now? If I went there I'll be killed or in the best situations be oppressed and you know I can't quit because I need to work and you know It's almost impossible to be transferred somewhere else…you have destroyed me X, and you have destroyed me at the first day and at the first chance, I wanted to be with you because you are my friend and I though you will protect me I never though that you will be the first one to expose me? He said" Oh Mohammed, don't worry and don't make it a big deal…come and work nothing will happen, come on my responsibility, the manager is secular haven't you heard him saying that he hates who talks about Shiites and Sunnis" Oh my god X, but he did, twice.

I don't know what to do…I don't want to go there…I'll be killed, I'll try to find someone who accepts bribes and transfer me to another area …I'll use my escape money for that bribe it's true that I want to leave Iraq now if I could…I'll apply for the Jordanian visa tomorrow and it will take a month but everyone says that my chances aren't higher than 10% because most of the visas applications have been rejected, why would they give me a visa and they have returned me twice? If I couldn't go to Jordan where could I go? Lebanon is the second gate for Iraqis but it's so so expensive. If I'm assured that I can leave Iraq I'll quit immediately but I'm not. If anyone can help with that please do it. I know the wisest thing to do is to leave Iraq as soon as possible because I had enough of this shit…If I live here another year I'll end up either dead or suffering from serious mental illness. I'm so depressed, and I feel hopeless…I can't see a way in which I can leave Iraq…Help me god, I'm suffering…if I stayed like this I'll suffocate and die.

No comments: