Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Farewell to My Sweet Brother Roger Ramstead



Today, June 3, 2012, we had a Celebration of Roger's Life in Kingston, where we grew up.  Many wonderful friends and family came to remember Rog.  Thank you to everyone.  Love was definitely present.  Linda


 Carefree highway, you seen better days
The mornin' after blues from my head down to my shoes
Carefree highway, let me slip away
Slip away on you

A wonderful musician and a good brother. Goodbye on Nov. 4, 2011.

2 comments:

LJansen said...

In case folks were wondering, the verse is from the Gordon Lightfoot song "Carefree Highway."

Thanks for your indulgence of my sentimental post on this mostly political blog.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda
I'm sure you have no idea who I am, but Roger and I were briefly in a rock band together at NK in '67/'68. He was a year ahead of me, in school, and played bass in the band. I always liked Roger as he was a very kind and gentle soul. He and I would jam, occasionally, at your house in Kingston (I lived in Indianola). The last time I saw him was sometime during the mid '70s while he was living at Miller's Bay, and driving that very cool USPS truck. I remember he played piano on one of my pieces. I've often wondered what became of Roger, and now, some years too late, I've found out.

He'll always be a special person, to me.

Bob Couillard - class of '68