Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Thursday, May 11, 2023

COVID-19 Is No Longer an Official Emergency. Is That the Right Call? | The Brink | Boston University

COVID-19 Is No Longer an Official Emergency. Is That the Right Call? | The Brink | Boston University

Interview with Ellie Murray, a BU School of Public Health assistant professor of epidemiology and a faculty affiliate at the University’s Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases Policy & Research.

EXCERPT:

With all these declarations ending, are you sticking with the precautions that you’ve been taking for the past couple of years—wearing masks, avoiding restaurants? 

Yeah, I’m sticking with it. I mask when I’m in public indoor spaces. In terms of indoor dining, I’m generally avoiding it. The only exception would be if it’s a place where it’s relatively empty. And I have this little portable CO2 monitor, which can tell me if the ventilation is good, so sometimes you can find somewhere where the ventilation is very good, then I might eat indoors.

No comments: