Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Monday, April 03, 2006

Wisdom of the Dalai Lama

"This new terrorism has been brewing for many years. Much of it is caused by jealousy and frustration at the West because it looks so highly developed and successful on television. Leaders in the East use religion to counter that, to bind these countries together."

DALAI LAMA ON GW:
Although he appeared not to approve of the war in Iraq, he was admiring of Mr Bush.
"He is very straightforward," said the monk.

"On our first visit, I was faced with a large plate of biscuits. President Bush immediately offered me his favourites, and after that, we got on fine. On my next visit, he didn't mind when I was blunt about the war.

"By my third visit, I was ushering him into the Oval Office. I was astonished by his grasp of Buddhism."

FOUND THIS ON THE ANGRY ARAB NEWSERVICE--can't live without the guy (Angry Arab--not the dalai lama)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angry Arab for president!!!! No its just a joke :)

Read your comment at my blog and came by to yours to say Hi!

The Buddist temple in Fredrika (http://www.buddharam.se/fredrika/index.htm) in Sweden had plans for Dalai Lama to come this spring, I was looking forward to it. Now his plans are changed so he will not be coming this spring. Sadly so have some of my views about him changed too after I read the articles angry arab linked to.