Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Coach Stringer Speaks Truth--Power Better Listen

"Coach Stringer took it even further in her comments last night to MSNBC's
Keith Olbermann.

"She said, "We've become so desensitized that we've allowed a lot
of things to pass, and we've not been happy... Too often politicians,
leaders, and
religious leaders speak for us, and we sit back
and don't realize the power
in numbers, and when to say
enough is enough....We see all the time. A kid
that
steals something with a plastic cap pistol, and
spends 10 years in
jail, and yet you see,
the white-collar workers, you know, thieves that

steal millions of dollars . And I do think that if people
stood up,
politicians [wouldn't] wait for a poll but
strong enough to make a
decision and stand...
You know I happen to be the daughter of a coal miner.
My father lost both his legs in a mine. He worked hard
each and every day. He only stayed out of the mine six
months until he got prosthetics. I know what it is to
work hard and this has been a lifelong pursuit and passion.
I've coached for 36 years...as a person of conscience, I have
seen so much that I would like to see changed, with
everything. I would gladly exchange winning a national
championship if we, as young ladies, would stand and
allow the country to somehow be empowered and that
we take back our country..."

From Dave Zirin -- Edge of Sports [quoting from the Keith Olbermann show]

No comments: