Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Keith Olbermann Interviews One of the Military Whistleblowers Against the War

You have to scroll down some to the interview:

"It‘s [PETITION TO CONGRESS TO END IRAQ WAR] being coordinated by antiwar groups like Military Families Speak Out. It is comprised of rank and file servicemen, like Marine Sergeant Liam Madden, who was based at the Haditha Dam in Iraq for seven months, ending in February of last year, and is now stationed in Quantico in Virginia.

"Sergeant Madden joining us now from Washington.

"Thank you for your time tonight, sir.

"SGT. LIAM MADDEN, U.S. MARINES: Thank you for having me, Keith.

"OLBERMANN: This would seem to be a very drastic, risky step for an active-duty Marine to take. Let me begin by asking you what compelled you to make this decision, to take this decision? Was there something specific about the war in which you have fought that you find objectionable?

MADDEN: The only thing about the war that I don‘t like is, the more I find out about it, the less I like the war. I oppose the war because there is no benefit to the parties involved, including the American service members, the Iraqi people, and the American people. There‘s—it‘s a war for no benefit, in my eyes.

Found on Cursor.org

No comments: