Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Monday, March 26, 2007

Have Americans Outsourced Their Antiwar Feelings?

This is the last paragraph of a very long article from Tom Dispatch. I didn't get where he was going until I got here. If you check my recent blog entries, you'll see that privatization of war-making is big big business in America. Perhaps the public HAS learned from this example. Linda

"It was a mad dream, now in ruins. In response -- and this is just my own hunch -- Americans performed their own acts of privatization, even as they came to reject this administration, its war, and the way it was gambling with all our lives. That's not so surprising. After all, we really do all breathe the same air, live in the same world. And so, while they were at it, many Americans may have subcontracted out their war protest to others, to the pros maybe (even if those pros were actually dedicated amateurs, some of whom really were sacrificing something in their place). That, I think, is the forest I see."

No comments: