Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Homeless and Alone After Devastating Israeli Strike Kills His Family

NABATIEH: He stepped out to get some water for his family and when he came back, he found a demolished home and no one left but his dead wife and four children. Adnan Harakeh from Nabatieh wandered the street where his home once stood and holding pictures of his family, cried and screamed: "I am responsible for their death. I wish I had moved to Beirut."

An Israeli raid that hit their home in Nmeirieh had left the man homeless and alone.

"You went and left me alone ... What will I do without you?" he cried.

"I went to bring some water for my children ... 20 minutes later, Israeli warplanes raided my house, killing my wife and kids," he told The Daily Star.

Harakeh is a civil defense worker who worked on aiding dozens of civilians killed and wounded during Israel's strikes on Nabatieh.

"Are my wife and kids terrorists, do they have rockets?" he screamed in pain.

No comments: