Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Monday, November 27, 2006

Mark of the Beast

"Mark of the beast

"A droll friend of mine has given me a delightful gift -- a souvenir T-shirt from the 2004 Democratic convention in Boston (you remember, the barbed wire, the guard dogs, the "free speech zone"?).

"On the front, roughly near where the human heart normally lies, there's the usual tiresome red-white-and-blue flaggoid logo, and the legend

Boston 2004
Nothing conventional about it.

"On the back:

BIO
Biotechnology Industry Organization

Gold Sponsors

Roche
Bristol-Myers-Squibb
Gilead
Genentech
AstraZeneca

Silver Sponsors

Invitrogen
Atlas Venture

Bronze Sponsors

Genzyme
Millennium
Baxter

"My friend, the donor of this prized artifact, assures me that she received it from a chap who works in a Senator's office, and he -- the Senatorial staffer -- seemed quite sure that my friend would value it very highly. She didn't, obviously, but I do.

From Stop Me Before I Vote Again
Scroll down.

No comments: