Covid

MASKING SAVES LIVES

Friday, December 15, 2006

Iraqi Civilians Paying the Highest Price--Dahr Jamail


Child Victims of Violence

Here is the text and photos I just received from a doctor friend in Baghdad:

"This is 20 month-old Iraqi baby girl who was severely injured and mutilated, in a blast by a car bomb in Al-Sadr City 21 days ago,she lost her two eyes.

"Her name is Shams-means sun in Arabic-... well not anymore, her mother
was killed during the accident. Shams lies now a surgical specialty hospital in Baghdad, and as we live in these terrible conditions in Baghdad she has not much chance to get any proper
medical care...

"She is an innocent element amid this turmoil. I have a kid almost the
same age and I feel aching pain inside for her. Shams was sent for my
consulatation for her but I could do nothing. If she could make it she
would live with a broken soul forever. Who could bring back her cherubic
childish smile again? I hope that the criminal who did this sees part of his accomplishment."

No comments: